A man is walking along the beach when he trips over something in the sand. Upon examination, he sees that its a genies lamp. He eagerly rubs the lamp and out pops a genie who says:
- "I am the genie of the lamp. I have been trapped in this lamp for 1,000 years. For setting me free I will grant you one wish."
The man thought and thought. Finally, he pulled out a map and said:
- "Its been my goal in life to do something for mankind for which everyone else will remember me. You see this region here on the map? Its called the Middle East and its a very violent region. I realize I could wish for a lot of money, or fame, but Id like to use this wish for peace in the Middle East."
The genie looked disappointed. He said:
- "Im sorry sir, but I cant grant that wish. The people of that region have been fighting for thousands of years. The wars go back many, many generations. The religious battles and opinions run rampant in that area. Boundary disputes are constantly occurring. Violence and hatred is too far engrained into this part of the world for even one of my wishes to do any good. Im sorry, but I just cant do that. Have you another wish?"
- "Well," said the man. "If I cant do that for mankind, perhaps I can do this for men. I would like to understand how women work. What makes them laugh? What makes them cry? What affects their emotions? How do I make them happy? Why do they do the things they do? I wish I could fully understand women."
The genie replied:
- "Let me see that map again."
Ο χωρικός αγόρασε για το κοτέτσι του έναν νεαρό κόκορα . Ο παλιός κόκορας τον προειδοποιεί :-...
( Συζήτηση ασθενή με έναν γιατρό του δημοσίου )( Γιατρός ) - Παραδέχομαι ότι η περίθαλψή εδώ ...